Restaurant Style Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make filling- Combine in a bowl: ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and eggs.
- To make sauce- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain grease. Combine in skillet, browned ground beef, oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Heat through and stir.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, alternate layers of cooked lasagna noodles, sauce, and filling, making 3 layers total. If desired, top with more mozzarella cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can also put this in the slow cooker for four hours on LOW or two hours on HIGH. DO NOT COOK NOODLES FIRST. I mix everything the same then layer in slow cooker with uncooked noodles. Add 1/2 cup extra water all over and some extra cheese if you want.
Start here with your content. Replace this paragraph, and everything down to AND INCLUDING the word: STOP. DO NOT REMOVE OR CHANGE THE CODE BEYOND THE WORD STOP BELOW! This has been the most requested theme, so we are going to do it again.Please put up a post with your favorite recipe, or if you don't have the recipe, a photo of your favorite dish and a description. Here's a sample post I did for you: http://www.mcklinkyblog.com/2009/07/mcklinky-blog-hop-for-july-21-2009.html Also, be sure to submit your recipe here too: http://www.mcklinky.com/recipes.asp! I WILL CREATE A MckLinky RECIPE BOOK, and online recipe center after this Blog Hop, AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO ALL BLOG HOPPERS FOR FREE! ...STOP